Last updated: July 15, 2020
Pinstripes is committed to protecting the information of our customers. The below is meant to provide additional information regarding our privacy practices in the United States.
Children’s Privacy Notice
We understand how important it is to protect your privacy when you use our online services. We are especially committed to protecting the privacy of children who visit or use our online services. This section (children’s privacy notice) is designed to answer your questions about how we use the personal information we collect from children under the age of 13 when they use our online services.
1. What personal information do you collect?
We may offer many features on our sites, such as games and activities, which children do not have to provide any personal information. However, sometimes we may collect personal information, such as an email address, a postal address or phone number, from your child as part of an activity.
Here are two examples of information we collect:
- We may collect your child’s email address so that we can tell them if they have won or lost a contest, competition, prize draw or sweepstake. We will tell them using the email address they have given us. We will not keep the email address beyond its expiration or use it for any other purpose.
- We may collect your child’s email address to respond to a one-off request from them, such as to send them a screen saver. In these cases we will promptly delete their email address from our system once we have replied to them, and we will not use the address for any other purpose.
We will not collect other personal information from a child under the age of 13 without the permission of a parent or guardian. If we need this permission, we will collect your email address so we can tell you how we use information and get your permission to collect information from your child. We will only ask a child for information that is reasonably necessary for them to take part in any online or Pinstripes Kid Club activity.
2. How do you use the personal information you collect?
We use the email address your child gives us to respond to requests or to tell them if they have won or lost a contest, competition, prize draw or sweepstake they have entered. We will use the parents email address to provide details about how we use personal information or to get your permission.
3. How do you share personal information?
We may share your child’s personal information with other people or organizations if it is reasonably necessary, in the following circumstances.
- To protect the security or integrity of our online services.
- To take precautions against liability.
- If we have to reveal the information by law or in response to requests from government authorities.
- When we believe sharing the information is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss.
- In connection with an investigation of suspected or actual crime.
We also may share your child’s personal information with vendors (those who provide services for us). These services may include hosting our sites, providing technical services, meeting requests or managing a contest, competition, prize draw, or sweepstake. We do not allow these vendors to share the personal information we give them unless it is necessary for them to carry out the service for us.
4. Requests from parents about protecting children’s privacy
You can review personal information we have collected from your child that has not been deleted, and can ask us to delete personal information from our records if we have not already done so. You can also refuse to allow us to further collect or use your child’s personal information, even if you have previously given us your permission. To do this, please email or write to us (our contact details are below).
5. Who should I contact with questions about children’s privacy?
We urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s online activities. If you have any questions about our children’s privacy practices, please contact us at the following address, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1150 Willow Road
Northbrook, IL 60062
Notice to California residents under 18 years of age
If you are a registered user of online services under the age of 18, and we have actual knowledge of your age, then under California law you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information you have posted on our online services. To do so, please contact us at the address, phone number or email address below. Please note that removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content. For example, removal may not be possible or permitted if another provision of law requires the content to be maintained, if it was posted or reposted by others, or if we paid compensation to you in exchange for the posting.
Additional Notice for California Consumers
This part of our Privacy Statement applies to consumers who reside in the State of California.
1. Personal information we may collect about U.S. adults and specific California consumers
We describe the personal information we have collected about California consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the “Last Updated” date of this Privacy Statement. The information we have obtained includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, postal and email addresses, internet protocol (IP) address, social media handles, username, password and other contact information used to register and access Pinstripes products and services, log-in to Wi-Fi, enter one of our competitions, or contact us by phone or through our online services. The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) signatures, (3) telephone number, (4) payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and invoicing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers), (5) physical characteristics or description, and (6) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual.
- Commercial information, including (1) records of products or services purchased or received from Pinstripes, (2) username, password, or other account information used to obtain access to Pinstripes online services; (3) information on actions taken on Pinstripes websites or mobile apps, which may include information about Pinstripes products or services considered and the times you visit our websites or use or mobile apps, and (4) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to target consumers for digital advertisements or to personalize content we deliver on our websites and mobile apps.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement, as well as the information listed above in the section titled “Information We Collect:”
- computer or mobile-device operating system and browser type;
- type of mobile device and its settings;
- unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device;
- device and component serial numbers;
- advertising identifiers (for example, IDFAs and IFAs) or similar identifiers;
- referring website (a site that has led you to ours) or application;
- online activity on other websites, applications or social media; andactivity related to how you use our online services, such as the pages you visit on our sites or in our mobile apps.
- Geolocation data.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as demographic information like age or gender.
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above. When you visit our restaurants, we may also capture video information via CCTV cameras that help us monitor restaurant safety.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, interact with our official social media pages, or otherwise interact with us; (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.
We collect this personal information directly from you when you provide information to us, for example, when registering for or using our online services, logging into Wi-Fi, using our in-restaurant digital channels, entering one of our competitions, or contacting us; from your computer system or mobile device when you use our online services, visit our restaurants, or use in-restaurant technologies; from other companies and organizations, such as our advertising agency partners, social media networks, data brokers, payment processors, and other providers; and from publicly available sources.
2. Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect about California consumers for the business purposes disclosed within our Privacy Statement
The business purposes for which we may use personal information about California consumers include:
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services. This includes:
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology; and
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, purposes disclosed elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected.
3. Disclosures of Personal Information
As is common practice among businesses that operate Internet websites and mobile apps, within the past 12 months, we may have shared certain identifiers such as email addresses and pseudonymized identifiers, information about the use of our websites and apps, and inferences drawn about you to our social media, advertising, and analytics partners. Under certain state laws, this may be considered to be a sale of personal information for consideration. We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to other businesses or third parties for consideration.
We have disclosed personal information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Additional Notice for California Consumers to members of the Pinstripes Family, vendors who provide services to us, in connection with a sale or transfer of all or part of our business.
4. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
A. Right to Access, Right to Know, and Right to Deletion
- Right to Access and Right to Know regarding Personal Information. You have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
- the categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which we disclosed the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
For requests made in connection with the Right of Access, Right to Know, and/or Right of Deletion, please note:
- As required under applicable law, we must take steps to verify your request before we can provide personal information to you, delete personal information, or otherwise process your request. To verify your request, you must provide your name, email address, and state of residence, and you may also have the option to provide you phone number. If we believe we need further information to verify your request as required by law, we may ask you to provide additional information to us.
- We will process your request within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless
we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. If your request involves us providing personal information to you, we may deliver the personal information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with Pinstripes, or electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
B. Right to Opt Out
You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for consideration. To opt-out of collection of information by analytics, advertising, and social media partners, you can write us at marketing@pinstripes.
C. Right to Non-Discrimination
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing privacy rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to Pinstripes by your personal information.
5. Disability Access
If you are a user with a disability, or an individual assisting a user with a disability, and have difficulty accessing or navigating our digital channels – including this Privacy Statement – please contact us at email@example.com
Do Not Track
Please note that our web sites and mobile apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from web browsers.